Jeremy Hicks shares his experience developing Yin the Master of Yo, a fast running Flash-created iPhone game, in this multi-session tutorial series. Here’s what Jeremy has to say about the adventure ahead…
“Many of you have been working in Flash and Actionscript for years or even a decade. So have I. Actionscript has grown to be a robust and powerful programming language but it comes at a cost of CPU and memory. The very two things that are glaringly limited on the iPhone and iOS devices. If you’ve tried to export your fast-paced game or app to iPhone with little to no modifications you might have come across this reality. Here’s what this course will do for you…
– Teach you to think different about the Actionscript language.
– Learn new variables types and pass on some old CPU-hungry favorites ( like Movieclips )
– Discover new programming paradigms that can unleash the full potential of your game.
– Program a complete game running at 40fps with animation, interaction, scoring, collision, and sound.
– Work towards not just creating an app, but an app engine.
Get ready to relearn your favorite programming language”
All CartoonSmart tutorials include a downloadable version of the HD video file and source files from the course to use our same artwork and code.
Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter (mailed once, maybe twice a month) to find out about new lessons or templates. You’ll find the sign up form at the bottom of most pages at CartoonSmart.com Enjoy the lesson!